Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) are damaging chemicals that many of us use on a daily basis. SLS’s are cleaning agents called surfactants. Highly effective at removing grease from almost any surface, SLS’s are used to de-grease garage floors and car engines, and they are the main ingredient in dish liquid and laundry detergent.
Unfortunately SLS is also the main ingredient in most commercial shampoos, body washes, bath bars, and baby baths. This cheap foaming agent is so corrosive and damaging to human skin that it is used in labs to give lab animals eczema and other skin irritations so a cure can be studied and developed.
Because SLS’s corrode the skin so easily, it allows other toxins to enter your body by way of your body’s largest organ--your skin. Don’t forget; your skin already absorbs over 60% of what you put onto it. So, when SLS’s break down your protective barrier, other environmental toxins can easily enter your body.
A study at the University of Georgia Medical College, showed indications of SLS penetrating eyes, contributing to cataracts, while also linked to liver and brain damage. It does not easily cleanse out of the human body because it cannot be metabolizes by the liver, so it collects in the body causing organ and tissue damage.
“Scientific studies have proven that sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), found in most shampoos, damages protein formation in the eyes. After damage has been done, SLS even retards the healing process. Kenneth Gree, PhD, DSc of the Medical College of Georgia warns that eyes affected by SLS take longer to heal. SLS can lead to cataract formation and eventually blindness, not only from direct eye contact but through skin absorption over the long term. SLS has also been known to corrode the hair follicle and impede hair growth. It has been blamed for many cases of premature hair loss. I have noticed that many young to middle-aged Canadian males have almost no hair or are even bald. It takes hair longer to grow when it has been affected by SLS. SLS is found in car wash soap, engine degreaser, toothpaste, lotions and garage floor cleaners. Exposure to SLS can lead to burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea and vomiting, according to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of the U.S. government.”
Underground Naturals is dedicated to providing all natural, safe, pure body care products for you and your family. Read our blog to learn more about why we do what we do, what ingredients you should avoid, and what ingredients we recommend.
Underground Naturals is owned by Baxter Naturals, LLC
PO Box 665
Gloucester, VA 23061
Website Copyrighted. All information on this website belongs to Underground Naturals and Baxter Naturals, LLC. All photos and information found on this website is intended for educational purposes and is not intended to diagnose possible health issues.
COPYRIGHT 2017, Underground Naturals by Baxter Naturals, LLC
All rights reserved